Our collective advocacy worked! On February 23rd, Governor Newsom signed into law a comprehensive package providing urgent relief for California's small businesses and nonprofits. As part of the existing California Small Business COVID-19 Relief Grant Program for businesses and nonprofits, CAM, California Arts Advocates, and other champions secured $50 million specifically for nonprofit cultural institutions.
Round 4, The Arts & Cultural Program, will support eligible cultural institutions in California, defined as registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit entities that satisfy the criteria for a qualified small business, but with no limitation on annual gross revenue.
CAM is partnering with the grant administrators to provide program information and technical assistance to museums across the state. To support museums in applying, CAM is offering three webinars, a hotline, office hours, and answers to FAQ. See below to learn more about eligibility and resources available to support your organization's application efforts. We are here to help!
March 31, 2021 – NOTIFICATION BEGINS FROM LENDISTRY
APPLICATION SUPPORT FOR MUSEUMS
- Nonprofit cultural institutions registered as 501(c)(3) nonprofit entities
- Minimum gross revenue of $1,000
- Did not receive funding in prior rounds of CA Relief Grants (Final notification from Lendistry for round 3 was March 15, 2021)
- Began operations prior to June 1, 2019
- Organizations with specific NAICS Codes (North American Industry Classification System)
- If you applied in prior rounds for CA Relief Grant (and you were waitlisted), you MUST apply for this cultural institution specific round which has $50M allocated specific to cultural organizations. This application will be slightly different than the application used in prior rounds. Your application from prior rounds does not rollover for this round (referred to as Round 4). Unclear about previous rounds or when to apply, check out this flowchart from CalNonprofits.
As a partner with the grant administering entity, Lendistry, CAM is committed to assisting as many museums as possible with the grant application. All applications will be completed on the Lendistry web platform. Unlike grant applications that most museums are accustomed to writing, this application is more technical and similar to filling out a loan application.
CAM RELIEF GRANT HOTLINE AND EMAIL
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS – The most popular questions with answers available at your fingertips