Our collective advocacy worked! As part of the California Small Business COVID-19 Relief Grant Program for businesses and nonprofits, CAM, California Arts Advocates, and other champions secured $50 million specifically for nonprofit cultural institutions.
CAM had a direct hand in getting funds allocated specifically for our sector. Over 500 museums received a grant from the Small Business COVID-19 Relief Grant Program in an Arts & Cultural Round (Rounds 4 and 8), and CAM provided outreach or technical support to over 1,000 museums.
Round 4 awarded over $36 Million to nonprofit cultural institutions in the spring of 2021. In September 2021, Round 8 was a continuation of the Arts & Culture program and available to organizations who did not apply in earlier rounds of the program.
CAM partnered with grant administrators in both rounds to provide program information and technical assistance to museums across the state. To support museums in applying, CAM offered live and recorded webinars, a hotline, and answers to frequently asked questions.
- Nonprofit cultural institutions registered as 501(c)(3) nonprofit entities
- Minimum gross revenue of $1,000
- Did not receive funding in prior rounds of CA Relief Grants
- Began operations prior to June 1, 2019
- Organizations with specific NAICS Codes (North American Industry Classification System)
- Organizations who have not received funding through any of the previous rounds of funding for the California Small Business Covid-10 Relief Grant Program.
- If you applied in prior rounds for CA Relief Grant, and have not received funding in any prior rounds, you MUST apply for Round 8 which is specifically designated for cultural institutions. Applications from prior rounds do not roll over for Round 8.
APPLICATION SUPPORT FOR MUSEUMS
As a partner with the grant administering entity, Lendistry, CAM committed to assisting as many museums as possible with the grant application. All applications were completed on the Lendistry web platform.
CAM, in collaboration with Californians for the Arts, hosted free webinars to help organizations prepare for a successful Round 8 application. Webinars walked you through the application process, required documents, and tips for a successful application.