Planes, trains, automobiles, ferries—there is a reason Oakland is considered a hub of the West Coast. Centrally located on the east side of the San Francisco Bay, arrival to Oakland is easy, whether you’re coming by air, land or sea. The Oakland International Airport (OAK) is the second largest airport in the San Francisco Bay Area, offering over 300 daily passenger and cargo flights. Oakland’s Amtrak stations are served by multiple trains, connecting to cities such as Sacramento, Reno and Bakersfield, as well as daily routes to Seattle, Los Angeles and Chicago. Regionally, the Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) system offers service to and from the East Bay and San Francisco, and the AC Transit bus system includes citywide transportation and Transbay connections to San Francisco. A Greyhound bus terminal can also be found near Downtown Oakland. A bustling port city, Oakland also offers transportation by the San Francisco Bay Ferry along the estuary. If you’re traveling by car, driving to Oakland is a cinch, with multiple points of access along the I-880, I-580 and I-980.
To Jack London Square
- Freeway exit: Broadway/Downtown exit off I-880. Learn more about getting to the hotel by car.
- BART stop: 12th Street/City Center (you will need to walk at least 12 blocks from Downtown Oakland or take a bus)
- Bus lines: Take the free Broadway Shuttle along Broadway from Uptown to Jack London Square
- Train: Travel by train to get to the heart of Jack London Square with Amtrak
- Ferry: Take the ferry from San Francisco or Alameda to Jack London Square via the San Francisco Bay Ferry
Parking near the event is both convenient and easy. The Waterfront Hotel offers valet parking for $35 overnight (inclusive of taxes) and there are two local garages also available for your convenience for daytime parking:
1.Market Street Garage
255 Second St., Oakland, CA
*Garage offers options like hourly, 24 hour, and $10/daily Early Bird rate (in by 10am, out by 7pm)
2. Jack London Waterfront Parking Garage
101 Washington St., Oakland, CA
*Please feel free to call Douglas Parking for hours and pricing at 510.451.8700. This garage closes each night.
3. Oakland Museum of California (parking for Friday events)
1000 Oak St, Oakland, CA
Parking lot garage with timed entry tickets are available if arriving before 5pm for $5 per hour. After 5pm, flat rate event parking rates apply (for Friday Nights at OMCA event).
Please note: Garage rates are subject to change but are based on published rates as of January 2023.