Museum without Walls Collection Strategist
Los Altos History Museum
Los Altos, California
One of a small professional staff, the Museum without Walls Collection Strategist reports to the Executive Director and works closely with the Exhibition Curator and Collections, Oral History, and Website volunteer committees. As the staff person responsible for ensuring the information in the collection is accessible to staff, researchers, and the public, this position is critical to the central purpose of the Museum. This is a full-time, permanent position for someone experienced in databases, digital production, and information management. Flexible work schedule, benefits available for fulltime employees. Experience working with volunteers is required.
- Digital Production. Oversees the production of digital representations/photographs of the 3-D collection in a systematic and organized fashion.
- Public Interfaces. Ensures public awareness of Museum’s collection content. Develops and creates digital interfaces to provide content to visitors and the public, including online portals, mobile apps, or in-house displays.
- Database Maintenance. Administers PastPerfect database to track collection assets, including artifacts and archival material.
- Donation Processing. Catalogues incoming oral histories and collections and works with volunteers, students, and interns to inventory, store, and document assets.
- External Assets. Devises a mechanism for tracking information about external buildings, historic sites, and places that are of historic interest.
For more information and to apply: https://www.losaltoshistory.org/about/team/career-opportunities/