Jenkins Johnson Gallery
San Francisco, California
Jenkins Johnson Gallery is seeking a full-time Gallery Associate for contemporary art sales, artist liaison, administration and public relations. Requirements include extensive knowledge of art and the contemporary art market, experience with contemporary art sales, museum curatorial protocol, gallery administration, and press outreach.
- Develop client relationships and generate gallery sales, with primary focus on creating new business and developing existing relationships.
- Art fair support
- Communicate with artists, assist with scheduling, meeting deadlines and trouble shooting various issues.
Administrative and Public Relations
- Daily operations of contemporary art gallery
- Writing and distribution press releases
- Social media and online strategy, design and implementation
- Organization and team management of international art fair applications
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Knowledge of contemporary art and art history
- Three to five years experience in an art gallery with at least two years contemporary art sales experience
- Ability to write about contemporary art
- Experience writing successful international art fair applications and subsequent participation
- Team Player
- Initiate projects from beginning to conclusion
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and work with deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal, and communication skills
- Be able to delegate and take direction
- High level of organization and attention to detail
Submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org