Director of Museum Education and Community Connection
Manetti Shrem Museum
The Manetti Shrem Museum is seeking an experienced manager with demonstrated expertise in visitor-oriented museum practice and interest in working with students, faculty and the UC Davis community. The Director of Museum Education and Community Connection has an extraordinary opportunity to connect students and faculty with art, to connect our community with each other in a safe and welcoming space, and to connect people with themselves through art that inspires, provokes and challenges. At this important moment in the museum’s growth and with a commitment to diversity, equity, accessibility and inclusion the Director of Museum Education and Community Connection will lead in the following areas:
- provide high-level oversight of faculty engagement and student engagement including the museum's student visitor services program and campus-wide student programming;
- develop and manage program partnerships with the UC Davis community and other arts and community collaborators;
- participate in exhibition development;
- strategize and create community events;
- oversee training and delivery of visitor services including supervision of the visitor services manager and coordinator of museum programs and student connection, as well as high-level oversight of 30+ student employees
Candidates must apply through the UC Davis job site to be considered for open positions. Job ID 21421. Apply by date of 9/7/21.
Applicants click here.