Director of Education
History San Jose
San Jose, California
History San Jose, the largest regional history museum in Northern California, is seeking a full-time Director of Education.
Primary responsibilities include;
- creating and implementing educational curriculum that serves over 20,000, 2nd-6th grade school children each year,
- programming that meets standards of CA Common Core Curriculum,
- providing training, direction and supervision to education staff/volunteers to deliver school programs and public programs,
- working with President&CEO to identify and secure public and private grants to support education programming and,
- ability to engage a variety of diverse community partners.
Requirements & Knowledge;
- Graduate MA/MS in education, museum studies, or five years experience,
- commitment to community-based partnerships and programming,
- knowledge of CA school curriculum and standards,
- knowledge of museum interpretive techniques and,
- an understanding of how people learn in a museum environment.
Exempt, full-time employee with benefits
Salary range: $55,000-$60,000/annually
To apply, send cover letter and resume to Barbara Johnson, Director of Operations, firstname.lastname@example.org.