California Historical Society
San Francisco, California
Make a big difference in a small organization! As Controller reporting to the Director of Finance at The California Historical Society, you will manage all day-to-day accounting operations, ensure that accounting records are maintained in accordance with GAAP, and maintain adequate internal controls that mitigate risk and ensure the accuracy of reported financial results.
- Oversee administration of the department including A/P, contracts, reconciliations, financial reports
- Manage the monthly financial close
- Reconcile bank, investment, and balance sheet accounts
- Research and report budget variances
- Lead annual audit process
- Maintain daily cash inflow and outflow
- Conduct financial analysis
- Manage staff of 2
Bachelor’s degree plus 3-5 years related experience including proficiency with GAAP , Quickbooks Desktop or Enterprise Solutions, Adaptive Insights or similar budgeting tool, POS software, and temporary restricted net assets.
If interested, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com