Museum of Contemporary Art San Diego
San Diego, California
Working within a dynamic Curatorial team and in close collaboration with the David C. Copley Director and CEO, the Assistant/Associate Curator supports the needs of the department’s ambitious schedule by assisting with a variety of programmatic and administrative tasks related to exhibitions and activities at MCASD’s two locations (La Jolla and San Diego) and expansive 5,600+-object collection. Support mission and vision of Museum throughout performance of duties.
- Assist department in efforts related to exhibition programming and the collection’s care, research, and conservation.
- Undertake original research on the collection and special exhibitions.
- Organize original exhibitions of varying size and scope, depending on experience and Museum needs.
- Conduct research and prepare materials on proposed loans and acquisitions.
- Participate in quarterly meetings of the Museum’s Collections Committee.
- Contribute curatorial text and content to meet a broad range of Museum applications, including educational, press, digital and social media, and advancement purposes.
Learn more/apply: https://mcasd.org/opportunities-mcasd