Museum of Contemporary Art San Diego
San Diego, California
Support registration functions for a contemporary art museum with a dynamic exhibition schedule and collection of 5,000+ art objects. Support care and movement of the collection and temporary loans, including shipping, storage, and, with the preparators, installations for two building locations. Maintain orderly paper files and computer records. Support mission and vision of Museum throughout performance of duties.
- Assists the Associate Registrar in the management and care of the Museum’s collection and of artwork on loan to the Museum.
- Perform registrarial duties associated with collection care, maintenance, and documentation by updating and maintaining records; including The Museum System database, photographic records, and object files.
- Perform administrative duties associated with the Registration office, including drafting and sending invoices, contacting vendors, filing, and overall office organization.
- Update packing and installation instructions in conjunction with Associate Registrar and Preparators.
- Assist in installation and de-installation of temporary exhibitions, including packing, unpacking, and condition reporting.
Learn more/apply: https://mcasd.org/opportunities-mcasd