Skip to main content
Scholarships & Fellowships
Advertising & Sponsorship
Call for Proposals
Lunch and Learns
California Networks for Collaboration
Museums United Phase 2
Advocacy Tools & Resources
California Legislation Tracker
News and Alerts
Green Museums Accord
Museums in the News
Northern California Fire Resources
Director, Special Events
Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County
Los Angeles, California
Director, Special Events is responsible for the strategic development of the Museum’s Special Events Department, which produces events for various in-house departments, including Advancement, membership, Research and Collection, and Marketing and Communications. Collaborates with Education department, and raises earned income through third party event rentals. Management of such events (including the Dinosaur Ball) and oversight of the third party rental program to ensure significant revenues for the Museum.
· Maintains a library of event planning materials.
· Develops and manages relationships with potential clients and proactively seeks new business opportunities for the Museum.
· Monitors revenue, expenses and overall profitability of third party rental programs to maximize earned revenue and to ensure that goals are met. Creates systems for reviewing profitability of special events.
· Conducts ongoing sales and market research in order to develop marketing strategies for events.
· Develops strong relationships with Curators and Operations staff in order to facilitate events.
The Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County is seeking employees who have demonstrated experience and commitment working with a diverse community.
Interested candidates please visit
and click the link of the position for which you are interested. Review of applications begins immediately and continues until position is filled.
The Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please- No Phone Calls, Faxes, or Emails.